Fleet Feet Sports Launches The Power of Running
Initiative Designed to Celebrate the Montgomery Running Community Begins Aug. 1
Montgomery, AL – Fleet Feet Sports, the local retail leader in building and supporting the Montgomery running community, announces the launch of its “The Power of Running” campaign.
The marketing initiative, a celebration of all that running together, running for good, running to inspire, and running for fun does in the local community, kicks off Aug. 1 in-store at 2934 Carter Hill Road and online at www.fleetfeetmontgomery.com.
Planned events and campaign pillars include:
- The Power of Running For Good, a nine-weekend charitable effort done in partnership with Nathan Sports, Superfeet, Balega International, Adidas, New Balance, Asics, and Addaday. The store will collect a portion of the proceeds from the sale of select products and then donate the total sum to Hope Inspired Ministries which empowers and equips those who are chronically unemployed to go from poverty to middle-class in 13 weeks.
- Treadmills for Charity, a 12 hour charity event to raise money for Hope Inspired Ministries. Two treadmills will run continuously for 12 hours from 6am – 6pm on August 15th at Fleet Feet Sports. Each participant on the treadmill will raise $100 to run or walk for 1hr. With the goal of raising at least $2,400 in a 12 hour period.
- Run Happy Power Hour, an exclusive Fleet Feet Sports event created with Brooks Running that asks the question, “Which store can log the highest number of miles together in one hour?” The first Run Happy Power Hour will take place on August 22nd at 7:00 am.
- Recess Run, an original event done in partnership with Throwback Fitness, that incorporates fun, elementary school-type games into a new take on the traditional “fun run.” The event is scheduled for September 26th at Vaughn Road Park at 8am. Participants can relive their childhood when running wasn’t about the miles it was just for fun.
- The Power of Running to Inspire, a national nomination contest sponsored by Mizuno that will recognize runners and extraordinary community or personal impacts resulting from those runners’ efforts or stories. This effort kicks off later in August.
The Montgomery location joins 149 Fleet Feet Sports locations nationwide in The Power of Running initiative. The community is encouraged to stay up-to-date with local events by visiting the store’s website, Facebook page, and Instagram account.